Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

YAY MORE OF THE SAME!

So, over the weekend I've still been working my way through that large stack of books, which is going pretty well. I made it through "Manifesta" by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards, which I probably should've read a long time ago considering that I interviewed Amy Richards almost 2 years ago. It was a really great portrait of the third wave of feminism - which these two ladies were really at the helm of when they established the Third Wave Foundation. It was really inspiring, and was a great book to read in thinking about questions to ask my interviewees who are third wave feminists (which is most of them). I'm also well into Courtney Martin's Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters, which is a look at the relationships our generation has with body image and eating disorders. I really appreciated this book, not just because this is such a hugely relevant issue to the lives of teen girls, and something I'd like to address in the interviews and ultimately in the final document, but because the book itself is largely told through interviews with young women, themselves, which offers a type of legitimacy and realism most other "feminist" books lack.

I promise this project is going to get much more interesting once I'm done with my AP's..

No comments:

Post a Comment