Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

ITS/HPS Group

So I have finsihed the Circut Map, which was my first major project. Mike thought it would take me longer, but I made good time. My next project is helping to reinstate Hawken into the International Thespian Society. The International Thespian Society is the honor society High School theatre. Hawken was a memeber, but it died over the years. For each 10 hours of work you do Theatre related, you get a point. The purpose is to accumulate points, and gain experience. Once you get 10 points, you are inducted into the Society, From there, you keep working to gain points and move up in rank. I had a meeting with Mike, Ms. Griffin, and Aubrey (who is also helping) and we reviewed the guidlines and handbook. We've decided its easible and eay to reinstate, so we will be doing that next fall. We still need to set up a system to track hours for point distrubution, but that shouldn't be too hard. Today I went through the past 9 shows and wrote out who participated and what job they had, so we can assign points to those that have earned them. The other project I have worked on is consolodating the various HPS groups so we can have a more uniform method of contact. There were 2 hawknet groups and 3 facebook groups. All are out-dated and not being useful. So I have started peice the parts together so we can have an "official" group that we can contact everyone with. I've also started doing some research website ideas (so we can make an seperate HPS website) and new Cyc lights. More fun to come!

1 comment:

  1. Dayne, I think you quite possibly win the award for the busiest senior project! Your work sounds very valuable and important for hawken! Keep up the great work!
    SraB

    ReplyDelete