Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

accidents at work

Thursday’s are my favorite days because we take Yoga with Esther at 9:00 in the morning, and until then Erica and I start juicing cucumbers, parsley, and celery for the vegan smoothies that we make. But that is all we do in the kitchen for the day. After Esther’s Yoga class, we always go in the Far Infrared Sauna for about one hour. This is supposed to help with “detox” our systems – probably a load of b.s. but it’s fun and is soothing after doing an hour and half of intense yoga.

In the morning, when we were in the kitchen, I was peeling cucumbers to use in the big juicer, while Erica was putting parsley and a little bit of celery in the small juicer. I thought I was a pro at peeling the cucumbers so I was doing it very quickly and I ended up cutting my finger…it wasn’t a huge cut, but it was painful and definitely bled a bit. So I quickly washed my hands and ran upstairs to find a band-aid. Interestingly enough, there wasn’t a single band-aid in the entire Creative Healing Center. All I could think to do was to put a paper towel on it and use a rubber band to keep it on, while I tried to help do things that I couldn’t contaminate with my blood. Rawr. When Sam finally arrived, she had me re-wash my hands so I wouldn’t get an infection and then gave me rubber gloves to wear.
I now know that I’ll always carry band-aids and Neosporin in my purse…whoops.

4 comments:

  1. But mom, you're supposed to have band aids in your purse at all times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should have a first aid kit in a kitchen... You should probably suggest that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats the one thing I had to buy for work related blisters! damn heels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing!! I really want to do a cleanse or something hahaha

    ReplyDelete