So far this week, I'm taking a little bit of a break from the copious reading and starting to write a little bit. Because I haven't interviewed anybody yet, I'm mostly working on a forward / explanation of the project. I think it's helpful to do this now rather than when I'm writing up the rest of it primarily just to get out of the way, but also to help examine and focus on my goals in what I want to ask the interviewees.
I was especially inspired to write this now because over the weekend I found myself having to explain my project to other seniors and ended up saying something like, "Oh...I'm interviewing some people and creating an oral history from their accounts" which sounds kind of like a cop out project (although believe me the entire process of interviewing ONE person is way more involved than you'd think it be, let alone the eight that I'm interviewing).
In this writing I'm trying to explain that I chose this project because for the past two summers I did have traditional internships like most seniors choose to have for their projects, and while I found those experiences interesting, a lot of it ended up being me sending out mass-emails to a bunch of different client/donor lists or organizing filing cabinets. For my senior project I wanted to dig a little bit deeper, especially since I have such a strong passion in this subject area. My plan for conducting these interviews is to provide myself and others with a more personal, first-person account of feminism that may be more accessible to people who wouldn't normally be willing to read non-fiction about the subject.
So that's the basic gist of what I've been writing. And I'm proud to say that I'm SO dedicated to my project that I haven't even stopped to study for AP Statistics. That's how committed I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment