Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Greetings from London. While its dinner time for most Clevelanders, I'm still up and working towards the wee hours of the night. I haven't decided yet if its the effects of jet lag or my normal insomnia setting in. Regardless, I have a post to write for you all. For my senior project I will be working under Ron Karpovich at the Royal Bank of Scotland. I won't be banking, but rather working with marketing to survey the RBS website and run a brainstorming session around the evolution of the bank's internet presence, especially regarding us young folk. "Unfortunately", my mentor must travel a lot and is out of the country until Sunday. In the meantime I will be busy acclimating to the city and its people.

So just to ensure Senora's confidence in my project, I'll give a quick summary of my 72 (add or subtract with the time change) hours of project. Monday I woke up at the crack of flex time and got my butt to school to study for my AP Psych test. At noon that very same day, I took the test, freeing myself from the constraints of Hawken's hallways. That night was spent packing. There was even a trip out at midnight to procure the right sized luggage. Tuesday was the big travel day. We spent the morning finalizing our arrival details and running last minute errands. We* finally left the dreary Cleveland weather at 6pm for Toronto. We rode in an extremely tiny turbo jet and arrived in only 45 minutes. Unfortunately there was a 5 hour layover time waiting for us. So we walked around the airport until finally boarding again at nearly midnight. By 13:00, I was looking at Londons bright blue skies from the ground.
While in London, I'm staying with my aunt (my mom's sister) at her apartment in Cleveland Square. (I just can't seem to get away.)

In summary are things I've learned so far:
Grandmas are not happy about midnight visits and demands of luggage.
Eggplant doesn't exist in England. ______ does.
Babies arent measured for length or circumcised.

Cheery oh! Enjoy Project all.
*We being my mother and I. Cant let baby go.

1 comment:

  1. Marie, I am quite intrigued by your posting of facts and how on earth you came by the not being measured for length or cicumcised bit of info???
    Anyway, be safe and enjoy your experience. I look forward to all of your cultural comparisons.
    SraB

    ReplyDelete