Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

HPS Senior Project

My senior project is basically helping make the Hawken Player's Society run better. I am doing various projects that we (meaning Mike, Trent, and I) always say we need to do, but never have time for.
My first project is creating a Circut Map of the auditorium. A Circut Map is a scale drawing that shows where every available circut is. This is helpful in determining where we can hang lights, and when needed, where we can run power from. For most Theaters this is a standard form that any lighting designer would require. Unfortunately, until now Hawken has never had one. Since Mike has been lighting shows here for a while, he's familiar enough with the space so its not a problem. But with the Circut Map it will make it much easier for him to know for certain where things are, and think of more inventive ways to light the space. What I have been doing is physically measuring the distances between the circuts and then drawing them to scale on VectorWorks, a standard Computer Assisted Drawing (CAD) program. I have completed the 3 electrics, the 6 floor pockets, the 4 trees, and the house truss. I am currently working on the Cove, and I should finish it tomorrow. (Mike thought this project would take me longer...)
Upcoming projects are helping to reinstate Hawken into the International Thespian Society, and researching new Cyc Lights. More info on those to come....

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you get to help out an aspect of Hawken of which you are passionate about. Maybe they can name it the Dayne Sundman Circuit System?

    ReplyDelete