Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

On Friday, I worked on getting the edges of the blankets that I had cut out finished so that I could start preparing for the second part of my project. I’m pleased with how the blankets turned out and I hope that they help the charity that they’re going to go to, but I’m happy to move on to a more selfish type of sewing. I’m planning on spending equal amounts of time sewing projects for charities and also garment sewing. Since I don’t think I’m talented enough to pull a Project Runway and just make up a pattern to follow and have the outcome actually look good, I spent a lot of time looking on the internet and at fabric and sewing stores for free patterns to work off of. I’m actually really surprised at the number of patterns that the good people of the internet have just uploaded by themselves for people to work off of. I’ve also had to make sure that they’re within my skill level and that I’m not going to bite off a more difficult pattern that I can chew and actually complete. I think that I found three promising ones, so I’m excited to start work on them tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Will you wear something of your own creation to our midterm meeting? that would be great to see!!

    ReplyDelete