Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Interview That Wasn't

On Friday I was originally supposed to interview Shelby Knox. That didn't end up working out, but in a serendipitous turn of events, my agent's friend recently met with Sonia Ossario (the president of NOW NYC) and somehow my project came up and Sonia expressed interest in meeting with me. We were supposed to meet on Friday, but that same day two New York City police officers were acquitted of raping a drunk woman after taking her home while they were on patrol. NOW is an organization that was directly related to that case, and Sonia was really swamped with dealing with that and dealing with the massive explosion of press that occurred because of that event (especially since this incident sort of coincided with the Strauss-Kahn sexual assault case that's also currently occurring in NYC). So we didn't end up meeting either. Which was kind of an anti-climactic way to end my time in NYC (I came back to Cleveland yesterday) but it gave me a lot of time to finish typing up the transcripts and, I'm not going to lie, spend some time in the city and saying goodbye to some of my friends there. I'm sorry to leave the city, but it's probably better that I'm at home to do the actual compilation of the oral history the last few days of project - there are less distractions this way. I also have one more interview on Monday - a phone call with Rachel Simmons (she lives in Massachusetts).

No comments:

Post a Comment