Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Interview With Courtney Martin

Today I travelled all the way down to Brooklyn (which I didn't think would be that far from Manhattan but in reality took a total of an hour and a half via Subway) to meet the fabulous and wonderful Courtney Martin. Full disclosure: I have a huge girl/talent crush on Courtney. I think that my personal feminist views align more closely with her work and beliefs than any other feminist out there and (as was confirmed today) she is probably one of the most brilliant people I've ever talked to. She also went to Barnard, so we have that connection as well. I'm not even sure how to summarize the interview - we talked about SO many things which ranged in topic from personal advice and stories from her past that she had to share to the hypothetical and theoretical musings on how the feminist movement at large needs to change and adapt in forthcoming waves. It was like running an intellectual marathon. I spent the afternoon today typing up the transcripts from my interview yesterday and the interview today and I'm still so blown away by these women and how much material there is to pull together a really cool oral history. Tomorrow I'm meeting with Sonia Ossario (I was supposed to meet with Shelby Knox but things got weird and complicated) and then - and I can't believe it - I'm done interviewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment