Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 2- Day #1


The pastry chef that I have been working with everyday, Emily, pretty much trusts me with everything, which is awesome considering she doesn't let her trained assistant do anything! I'm making bread and pizza dough everyday and a variety of cookies and desserts, including salted brownies (sounds weird but it's really delicious), strawberry rhubarb crostadas (like pies), and ice creams. It's really eye-opening to see all the hard work that goes into preparing the restaurant just for dinner, and not even lunch yet. It has been fun getting to know all the chefs, many who worked at Paul Minnillo's old restaurant in Little Italy, The Baracelli Inn. Everyone is really close and goofy in the kitchen and it makes the time fly by. It's exhausting at the end of the day, considering I work 10:30-4:00 most days, and I never get a lunch break (neither do any of the chefs). However, the work is rewarding, for after I am done I have lots of goodies to taste test. :) I hope everyone's projects are going as well as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment