Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

some creative healing of my own.

As I said before, I hurt my hamstring last week so I thought I wouldn’t be able to participate much in the yoga and pilates classes this week—I was wrong. Rather than just observing the classes that we were in, the instructors told me what positions I couldn’t and couldn’t do and even gave me alternative things to do when there were a series of exercises that I couldn’t complete. It was shocking that I had so much personal attention and that the teachers were trying to help me out, especially since I am not paying for these classes. Donna, one of the yoga teachers, even said, “Hm. Your hamstring? We can get you to do some breath work, neck and spine stretches, and pushups!”

I sat and watched the tai-chi class because it actively engages all of the leg muscles, so I didn’t want to put my leg under any extra stress. The class had five students and one of them happened to be a new employee of the Creative Healing Center, “Dr. Mike.” He and I were talking about my leg, and he asked if I would follow him to his office because he wanted to try something. He then tested the strength of my hamstrings and quads on both legs and pressed some pressure points and retested the strength. He said he used “applied kinesthesiology (spelling?)” to help heal my leg and that next week I should try it again...weird.

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed by how much the instructors at the Creative Healing Center cared about my injury when I’m not even a paying customer. It shows how much they really believe in what they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment