You'd think after dealing with people in various states of undress (I'm a
lifeguard, folks), giving presentations I created moments before and surviving the dreaded chapel talk, I'd be able to have a conversation merely outlining my project without any worries. Nope, that's not the case at all. For the first time in my project, I was expected to not just, participate, but help lead a meeting. Now it was informal, but the 3 people I was meeting with
actually know what they're doing and for some reason felt like asking questions was okay. This meeting was put together by one of my team members in Global Markets to get a look at what other departments ( Media Relations and Insights & Research) were doing with social media. I met with a representative from each and showed them the outline I posted previously (the expanded one). I was
just reciting information I'd researched back to them and throwing a few ideas out there for futures uses, still- terrifying. AS I explained my thought processes and research points, I felt like a floundering fish. The wavering confidence is completely unfounded- I've bullshitted my way through parental relations, dripping wet and
half naked
in front of my manager countless times. Supposedly I was capable of giving "clear and concise" answers but all that says is that I've managed to create subject specific word vomit
filters. Thankfully, that's probably the only other presentation I'll have to give besides my grand finale one next week. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can convince the audience to bring squealing children and wear mommy pants then I'll be right at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment