Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Monday, May 2, 2011

So how was the first day??

Well... How was the first day? I hope it was all you expected. Post something and give me something to enjoy!
SraB

1 comment:

  1. Today was great! Sami had her AP psych and AP environmental science exams today so she couldn't come but I went and worked from 11 am to 6 pm and didn't want to leave! I worked all day with the pastry chef and made basil ice cream, brownies, focaccia bread, and lots of other delicious foods. I learned a lot about working in a kitchen and how the system works. It was great to have a one on one experience with a skilled chef and she let me do lots of things on my own, which was cool considering a lot of chefs probably wouldn't trust a high schooler. Chefs and chef assistants do not get lunch breaks, we just snack all day so I worked a straight 7 hours. It was also interesting to see just how much prep work it takes a restaurant to prepare for the week ahead. These chefs were working all day long and Flour is only open for dinner right now (they'll open for lunch in about 3 weeks and will have a "Late Night" menu in a month or so). I have a newfound appreciation for all of the cooks who put a whole day's worth of work to create amazing meals for Flour's customers. It was overall a really good first day and I'm excited to go back tomorrow and learn more with Sami, who will most likely be working with the chefs for the savory items on the menu

    ReplyDelete