This is where the members of Botella Group will post their thoughts, ideas, anecdotes and experiences during their amazing senior projects this spring. Happy project and happy blogging :)
Blogging Requirements
Basic requirements will be the following:
* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.
* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.
* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
week 2. more alternative healing.
Erica and I attended Donna's Relaxation Yoga Class at 8:30 this morning. It was nice being back at the Center after not going in all weekend. (Neither of us went yesterday because of the AP Bio exam…thank god that was our last one!!) I wore jeans thinking that I wasn't going to partake in any yoga because I tweaked my hamstring. But I was wrong, and Donna had me do special breathing, head/neck/back positions, and push-ups to fill my time—talk about personalized attention. At the end of the class, she gave Erica and me a box of yoga cards for us to borrow for the week. She told us that we can look through the different positions and try some if we felt up to it. I’ll make sure to let you all know about how that goes…
We finally got to talk to Cindy, the owner of the Center and the sponsor for our project, about our future plans with the Creative Healing Center. So we have plans to sit with her tomorrow morning and discuss what she wants us to put on the Facebook page and other different marketing things we can help her with. She also asked if Erica and I would help her paint a mural and re-stain the boards on the deck of the Center. So that should be a fun thing to do while we’re on project!
For the rest of the afternoon, we helped in the vegan kitchen. I helped make Italian-Style Flax Seed crackers – YUM! And we helped clean up until 1:30, which was when the Center closed for today.
I'm getting more excited about Senior Project--things are starting to get more interesting and hands-on now!!
That is so great that you guys are making a facebook page! I think that will be a great learning experience and it will probably really help them out! Also, I think its really cool that you guys work in the kitchen as well. That way you get to see all sides of the creative healing center and how it works. Sounds like you guys are really starting to have a good time! Can't wait to hear more about it.
ReplyDelete