Over the past few days I have been doing more smaller projects, since I've had to focus on the final performance for Acting II. I've been researching Theatre websites for ideas that we can incorportate into our own seperate HPS website. I've found various forms, such as Rehearsal Reports and Line Notes. And I've started researching new Cyc lights. Moving foreward, we are hoping to achieve the ability of Online Ticketing. (Which would revolutionize how we sell tickets.) I am enlisting the help of Mz. Laura Kovac in the Communications department to hopefully get those projects off the ground. I have also continued searching through the old Onyx yearbooks tracking all the shows Hawken has done over the years. With very few gaps, I have all the way shows dating back 1969/1970. My next step will be researching on the Photo Server to see if I can get even further back. Most of the shows are older plays that most people have never heard of. But there are some classics, such as when we did 'South Pacific' in 1977 or 'Anything Goes' in 1989. But my favorite has got to be in 1986 when we did 'Revenge of the Space Pandas'. (Yes, that is the title of an actual show...) Last week we had a meeting to discuss possibilities for next year's shows. While nothing is concrete yet, some titles bounced around were Hair, Godspell, Cabaret, Oklahoma, Pippin, and HMS. Pinafore. Lastly, my next big project will taking the 'Hairspray' program that Aden Wexberg designed and using it to create a blank template that we can reuse for making programs for every show. (instead of starting from scratch again and again)
That sounds amazing, Dayne! It must be really interesting to see what plays and musicals were done in the past.
ReplyDelete