Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

OK so I know you're all extremely jealous that I get to look this beautiful everyday but I just thought I'd share. Yes, I do have to wear a bandana (throwback to 4th grade), and yes I have to carry a towel around with me everywhere I go. Anyway, today I did a lot on my own without much help from Emily, the pastry chef. I made a cream anglaise, which is basically the base for an ice cream before you spin in in the ice cream machine, a berry coulis, which is just sugar water and lots of berries boiled down and blended (very yummy), focaccia, and lots of other stuff. Sami was on the savory side of things and worked mostly with meats and fish. She got to use the vacuum packing machine- pretty sweet right? Tomorrow, Emily has her day off so both Sami and I will be working on the culinary side and not with pastries. And just in case anyone is kind of clueless as to what we're doing, we're working at Flour, a new modern Italian restaurant at the corner of Som and Chagrin in a new shopping center. The owner sold Baracelli Inn (probably spelled that wrong) in Little Italy to open this restaurant and it is doing extremely well. Sami and I will be working mostly in the kitchen, but we will probably also have a chance to learn about the business side of things. I hope you are all having fun with your projects as well!

2 comments:

  1. You are making us all very hungry with your post! Keep them coming and ENJOY your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd,

    Its a good look for you, I think you should rock that style more often. But it sounds like you are having a lot of fun and I bet that by the end of project you will be a master pastry chef. I'm interested in hearing what else you get to do throughout your project and keep up the good work kiddo!

    ReplyDelete