Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Kalle Starts Sewing

Today I started working on the projects that I’m sewing for charity. I decided to start off with sewing blankets for an organization called Christ Child, which gives sewn articles of clothing and blankets to new mothers who have little supplies for their children. My grandma has been sewing and knitting for this charity for years, and when I sewed for the first time I sewed a baby blanket for that charity with her. My grandma can’t see to sew anymore, so I thought that it would be a good idea to spend some time working on items for that organization. I went to the fabric store for the first time today to buy fabric for these blankets; I plan on returning a lot throughout this project to replenish my supply. I also started blocking out and measuring the blankets and then pinning the edges for them to be sewed. I’m doing all of this sewing and work in my basement by myself, so I’m getting kind of lonely. However, the work takes most of my attention and I enjoy doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Kalle, I look forward to seeing pics of all that you get sewn. It sounds like you'll be able to get lots done for great causes!
    SraB

    ReplyDelete