This is where the members of Botella Group will post their thoughts, ideas, anecdotes and experiences during their amazing senior projects this spring. Happy project and happy blogging :)
Blogging Requirements
Basic requirements will be the following:
* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.
* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.
* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Starting Week 3 in the House of Reps
I've been learning a lot about a range of things, from the ins and outs of state government to the concepts and details about some real issues being discussed these days in the political sphere. I'm learning a lot about how the budget works, what types of issues tend to be party-line and which ones have some crossover. I'm starting to hear a lot about how redistricting and reapportionment is going to work in the next few months, and the list goes on. Before project I already felt like somewhat of a political buff (for my age, at least), but now I feel even more capable and prepared to speak intelligently on topics of interest or be involved in other political endeavors, based on the experiences I'm having here. It's just pretty cool to be right in the middle of things. And I feel pretty awesome about the fact that I read Ohio's Constitution (minus a few huge articles like Public Debt and Public Works...) and I liked it. A friend of mine thinks it's endearingly dorky, but I think it's really cool! I don't know too many people who have actually taken the time to read the constitution [which isn't even too long if you skip some of the huge amendments about money allocation and other topics of that nature], but understanding the guidelines that govern our state at the most fundamental level makes me feel more connected to Ohio, and to the USA. I'm pretty proud of it. Now I think that at some point I should probably read the US Constitution in its entirety... Maybe I'll take a day or two and do that this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment