Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011


Hey everyone!

For those of you who don’t know what my project is, I’m alternating between sewing things like baby blankets for charities and hardcore garment and dress sewing. I spent Monday and Tuesday taking the psych AP and then getting everything together and finishing my AP art portfolio. Now that that’s done, I’ve been busy pumping myself up for the storm of sewing that is going to take up the next couple of weeks by starting off with some simple mending and cleaning the room where I’m going to be sewing. That room was head quarters of a huge service project that I did last summer, so I spent the day cleaning, and it took SUCH A LONG TIME to clean out. I had to go through tons of old flyers and random supplies left over from the project. I also haven’t sewn anything serious in a long time, so it also took me a long time to track down all of my spools of thread and all of the loose needles and put them in the right places. The picture above is part of the outcome of my entire day of cleaning. I would like everyone to note how organized my pin cushion is, how my scissors are all in a little box, and how all of my tools like measuring tape and needle cases are organized in that plastic tub because I’m extremely proud of it. Tomorrow I start sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment