I finished making the baby blankets! WOOHOO!
I’m actually pretty proud of them; I think they turned out nicely. My grandma came over for dinner a few nights ago and I showed her some of the blankets and told her that I’m donating them to Christ Child, which is the charity that she supported until her eyes got too bad to sew. She was really happy that I decided to donate them to that organization and said that the blankets looked good, which is good enough for me! It’s kind of weird to be done with them, but it’s about time.
I’ve moved on to my next project, which is sewing pajama pants for graduation presents. I made a pair for myself using a makeshift pattern that kind of worked out okay, but there was definitely room for improvement. I actually ended up squashing my pride and using a pattern because I wasn’t really sure what size they should be and the ones that I made were kind of awkwardly sized. I made a pair for someone today with the new pattern and it worked out really well! Cutting the fabric out is a huge pain, it’s actually the most stressful and longest part of the project. The first pair took me an hour to cut out, but I’ve been getting better. I cut out the fabric for three pairs of pants that I plan on finishing tomorrow!
Wow, you made thirty blankets? That's incredible. I'm sure the people who get them will really appreciate them - just from the pictures, they look completely adorably fuzzy and comfortable!
ReplyDeleteIf pants are hard, are shirts even harder? I feel like I always complain about the fit of clothes that I find in stores w/out a thought about how hard it is to come up with the patterns, etc. I hope everything turns out well.