Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

If you haven't read any of my blogs so far (not that I blame you), check out this video

On Friday at Village Prep, we again, started the day in the classrooms. I sorted a million papers and put them into folders, which was super boring, but as I was doing it, I was listening to the class and the lessons being taught, which I always enjoy doing. The teachers are so passionate and the students are really engaged. We took a break for Unity Circle mid morning and I've attached a video of one of the chants the students do at Unity Circle. I can't decide if I think it's awesome or creepy that the kids talk about college so much: It's creepy that it's said in unison, but college, taking care of each other, and unity are important, positive themes and messages to send out to young kids. I finished the day in the classroom as well and the kids had some "free choice" time. During this time, we played hangman with a bunch of students. Some of them have some serious ADD and as we played, three girls kept trying to play with my hair. They LOVE our hair. Elissa said a girl in her class kept playing with her hair too. It's pretty adorable. The majority of the kids at E-prep have cornrows or braids with colorful beads. I want cornrows with beads.

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see the video! I can't find it. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not uploading...BLAH. Here is a link to the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6jNe_fT70

    ReplyDelete