Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some Selfish Sewing



I took a break from making the baby blankets that will go to charity and comfort babies to do some sewing that will benefit absolutely no one but me. When I went shopping for fabric to make the blankets I came across some fabric that was based off of the Little Miss and Mr. Men books. For those of you who have no idea what that is, they’re children’s books that I used to read a lot when I was little. I liked the fabric a lot so I bought a few yards of it and tried to justify the purchase by vaguely thinking about making pj pants out of the fabric. Only problem was that I had no idea how to make pj pants, until now!

I didn’t have a pattern to make the pants, so I did some searching online. I found a video explaining how to make them and a step by step walkthrough, so I decided to give it a try. Everything was going pretty well until I came to a step that I didn’t understand at all. Both of the tutorials did this step the same way, but even though I replayed it a few times I just didn’t get it and I didn’t really want to start following the instructions without really understanding them. Finally I ended up doing just that, blindly following the video and it turned out great.

I’m really happy with the result! I think I’m going to make them for people for graduation presents because they’re really easy to make. Next week I think I’ll finish the nine baby blankets that are left and then start sewing the pj pants.

If any of you are curious about the step that completely confused me or want to try to make pants yourself, here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_403WEtMeoo

1 comment: