So, my plan for the rest of project is to do blog posts based on each interview I do, but before I do that I should probably tell you guys about who I'm interviewing. I picked each of these individuals because I felt they all had really unique perspectives on the modern feminist movement. So here's the complete list:
Chloe Angyal - Chloe is a blogger and editor of Feministing, one of the biggest (and really most consider it the original) Feminist blog. She's originally from Sydney, Australia and graduated from Princeton University a few years ago, where she founded the University's first feminist, student-run publication.
Jessica Valenti - Jessica has written a number of really popular feminist books (including Full Frontal Feminism and the Purity Myth) and also founded Feministing, though she no longer works there. She's largely considered one of the top leaders of the Third Wave of Feminism.
Meggan Watterson - a graduate of Harvard's divinity school, Meggan recently organized a huge conference here in the city called REVEAL, which is one of the first conferences for theological feminism, and is working on an anthology on the topic. She's one of the first people to really pair theology and feminism and make it accessible to the mainstream.
Gloria Feldt - Gloria was the CEO of the national organization Planned Parenthood for decades and is a widely renowned feminist activist and author.
Courtney Martin - Courtney is a huge reason why so much attention has been given to eating disorders and teen girls' issues with body images in the past couple of decades (it was largely ignored before she came along). She wrote the book "Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters" and is a big proponent of intergenerational feminism.
Shelby Knox - the star of the Sundance Award Winning documentary "The Education of Shelby Knox" - she now works for Change.org but she's known for her work with teens about comprehensive sex education
Rachel Simmons - an advocate for raising awareness about bullying and cyberbullying. She also runs a leadership summit for teen girls every Summer.
So, yay! I still can't believe I get to talk to all of these amazing women. I start tomorrow by interviewing Chloe.
No comments:
Post a Comment