Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Project Days 1-3

The first day of project I had my Psych AP, which - as absolutely thrilling as it was - unfortunately took up most of the day, so I didn't really start my project until yesterday. For those of you who don't know, my project consists of interviewing some of the most prominent feminist writers and thinkers around and compiling those interviews into a document. However, I'm not leaving for NYC, where basically all of them live, until next week (thanks AP Statistics!), so I'm using this time to research each person I'm interviewing and generating questions to ask them.

I'm kind of making this process up as I go, because while I've interviewed people before for my own blog, this is turning out to be a very different preparation process, and the research I did yesterday helped me realize that I may need to alter my end goal. For example, in my proposal, I stated that the final document would be an "oral history," in that I would use their testimonies to piece together a history of the modern feminist movement. Now, I think it's going to be something more like advice based on their experiences and their thoughts on where the movement is going, because it doesn't really make sense to ask them about the history of the entire movement, and it seems like their experiences might be a little too similar to create a well-rounded history.

Anyway, the work I'm doing right now isn't incredibly exciting, but it's turning out to be very necessary to the main part of my project and I'm definitely learning a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great Julie! Post a link to your own blog in case anyone wants to see your other work!

    ReplyDelete