Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reading, water leaks, and crayons

Yesterday was my first day of the week at Village Prep, because I had my sister's college graduation in Portland, Oregon over the weekend through the beginning of the week. It was nice to be back at the school. We were finally assigned to classrooms for the whole day, instead of doing paper work and arts and crafts projects. I was assigned to a first grade classroom called "Ohio State University." I may have mentioned this earlier, but all of the classrooms at Village Prep and E-Prep are the names of colleges, so that going to college is ingrained in their heads starting at a young age. Upon the teacher's request, I took three girls out of class to play a reading game, as their reward for being good students. Then, I took three more kids. After, I came back to the classroom and observed. My favorite part was listening to the kids read out loud. They are reading "Amber Brown" chapter books, which I remember reading in third and fourth grade. They're fun books and it's really impressive that such young kids are able to read and comprehend books like that already. After our lunch break, we were supposed to go back to the classrooms, but instead, a teacher stopped Elissa, Jessica, and me in the hall and asked us to sort crayons. It looked like it was going to take forever, but we did it fairly quickly. It was boring. THEN, we were on our way back to class and we were told there had been a water leak and all the kids were going home. So, we left early. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment