Blogging Requirements

Basic requirements will be the following:

* Three posts per week minimum about your own project.

* Posts must be done by Sunday each week.

* One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.

* Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.

* Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.

* Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Dinner shift!!

Last night I worked the dinner shift (I came in around 5:00 and left at 11:00). So basically, instead of preparation, like baking all the desserts and breads, I was plating the desserts as orders came in. I unfortunately forgot my camera so I could not snap any pictures of the beautiful plating but it was so much fun! It was very fast-paced, and it was only a weeknight! I loved the energy of the busy kitchen and there were lots of waiters and bussers that were either my age or close to my age. Everyone was really busy but also having fun with it. Unfortunately, at the end of the night, I had to help clean THE ENTIRE KITCHEN! I had to wipe down every shelf with a sanitation rag (towel dipped in sanitation water, both a common and crucial item in the kitchen), and had to swipe the floors of the entire kitchen then mop as well! That part was NOT fun. But I did have a lot of fun plating. My parents, brother, and his friend just so happened to come in for dinner and insisted that I bring them out my two favorite desserts hahaha it was a tad embarrassing to walk out into the dining room in a dirty apron and a bandana. I also brought desserts to two of our family friends. I also am going to be working at Flour this summer as a hostess! I just got the job! I hope everyone is enjoying their last few days of project! See you all on June 5th!

1 comment:

  1. CRY ME A RIVER. It ain't all fun and games, sweet cheeks. You obvs have to help clean. It sounds so much fun though!

    ReplyDelete